This is excellent and welcome news . Please have a look at
where you will find a new feature which lists upcoming fixtures covering the breadth of the Club's activities.
Sadly, however, your experience of cricket as you know it will be very different. The Club is following Government and England and Wales Cricket Board guidelines to ensure that our environment is as safe as possible for players, spectators and the many volunteers who make cricket possible for us. It is important to note the following :
- Safety guidance and instructions will be given to all players about restrictions during, before and after the games themselves, particularly in relation to sanitisation.
- There will be no refreshments available apart from purchases over the bar.
- The Clubhouse and patio area will be out of bounds except for the use of the toilets.
- Both Home and Opposition teams will turn up at the ground already changed and with their own food and refreshments.
- There will be a Club Representative in place for each game to guide and instruct players and visitors.
- Signs will be in place to guide people as to where they can and can't go.
- There will be no seating provided, players and spectators are encouraged to bring their own chairs and/or rugs to sit on.
- When the bar is open, as it will be from 6pm this Saturday, there will be no access to it from inside the Clubhouse. Orders must be placed by text, details to be advised shortly, or directly with the bar person who will serve drinks through an open window at the side of the Clubhouse. Please note that payment can only be made by bank card, cash will not be accepted.
- As part of the Government`s Track and Trace initiative, spectators will be required by the Club Representative to leave their names and contact details.
The weather for this weekend is set to be a scorcher. I hope that all the necessary restrictions will not stop us enjoying our cricket and each other`s company. Here`s to a good season.